Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia I Okocha has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Patricia I Okocha has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Patricia I Okocha has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Okocha has been my Dr. off and on for over 5 years. Only time I wasn't her patient was because I moved. I can say she is patient, takes time with each of her patients. Does not rush you, answers all your questions. Explains her findings and diagnois so that you can understand. I do not mind the waiting because I know she is with patients. Over all I think she is a wonderful doctor. I would recommend family and friends to have her as their Doctor.
Was seeking a primary doctor, found the call for an appt inviting, the wait for that appt appalling. Then went in for this long awaited appt needing a critical Rx to have to wait ~ 1hr45min without being able to see this Dr... Had to leave because I have to work and could wait no longer. Office mgr didn't know my name. All the staff seemed to be on their catered lunch although I was lied to that there was another patient ahead of my..I saw the Apple Junction lunch delivered..the waiting room fill twice and empty completely and Had To Ask when I was to be seen, get shuffled into 1 room for ~ 20 min then the 2nd room for another 20 min..Tell me is this professional at all or respectful? Not a good 1st Impression ~ not going back and from the other reviews get the impression that this is the office norm for this Dr. Drs Cause Undue Stress in the USA. They are driving the heart disease.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Okocha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Nigeria
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Patricia I Okocha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMercy Health Physicians, 2135 Dana Ave Ste 400, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Patricia I Okocha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.