Dr. Patricia Pahk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Pahk?

Retinal Detachment

Posted on March 27th, 2017

Dr. Pahk attempted 5 vitrectomies over a 3 month period due to recurring detachments. During this period, she apparently neglected to search for a cause, opting instead for immediate repair. After the fifth failed intervention, I consulted another ophthalmologist who immediately identified the cause of the recurrences, operated, and repaired the detachment. Unfortunately, the five failed vitrectomies achieved only one thing: decompensation of my cornea and a chronic hyptony which went untreated. I now find myself with a pre-phtisical eye which is functionally blind though - amazingly - I have retained acceptable visual potential. Also, the eye has lost some 20% of its volume, which has resulted in a disfigurement. After consulting some 20 opthalmologists in different parts of the country and overseas, I have been informed that there are no possible treatments, and I will most likely lose the eye entirely Though she was very caring at the time, once the extent of the damage became evident, she cut off all contact.

Dr. Pahk shows incredible knowledge and respect.

Posted on February 1st, 2017

My detached retina turned into a slow painful journey. The doctor has been supportive as I go through the surgeries.

Posted on December 11th, 2016