Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia M Solga has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I used to see Dr. Solga for scoliosis and I remember how horrible she was then (mainly how she complained to my mother that I had "trunkle obesity" and should lose weight. I was 11 and at a perfectly healthy weight.) Recently I went in to see her with lower thumb/upper wrist pain. Upon seeing her my hand was very bruised and a little swollen. I wanted to see an orthopedist because I had broken my wrist twice already, and I knew the pain that goes with it very well. She said X-rays were clear and said it was probably just a sprain, though she did cast it for two weeks. Upon the second appointment, we expected her to order more X-rays (I've had fractures before where you can't see them until they start to heal), but she didn't. She said "stop complaining," "there's nothing wrong with you," and when we tried to tell her that my hand still hurt she interrupted us and said, "it JUST came out of a cast, it will!" I've had 5 casts. I know the difference between pain and stiffness. Lastly, she stood at the door and said, "Just leave, get a lollipop," and pointed her finger towards the exit. We waited 46 minutes for a 3 minute "consult". Basically, she's a jerk and I'm still having significant pain.
Dr Solga might not have the best bedside manner but that's not what I was looking for. I would rather have a talented surgeon then a good bedside manner. Dr solga does not sugarcoat anything and that's what I like. My son was diagnosed with perthes disease and we were looking for one of the best surgeon 's and that's what we got. We will forever be great full to Dr Solga it is because of her skill that my son has a normal life. It has been almost five years that he had hid surgery and has no limitation's. He will be a freshman in high school next year and will be playing football for the first time in his life and if it were not for her talented skill that would not be possible. Bedside manner only goes so far but having a surgeon who is amazingly talented that's what I want! Forever great full.
34 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Patricia M Solga accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Orthopedics, 2 Dudley St Ste 200, Providence, RI
Dr. Patricia M Solga is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Providence, RI.