Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, ME. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Stogsdill is affiliated with Maine Medical Center. Dr. Stogsdill has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill has the following 14 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Heart Failure
- HIV Infections
- Infectious Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Stogsdill was abrupt, hurried, neglected to schedule referrals for routine work like a mamogram or bone scan and to call in prescription refills. Any symptom I experienced she chose to refer me to a specialist, not to do any preliminary exploration herself, resulting in wasting my time and that of the specialist. There was no follow up from one appointment to another regarding any health care issues. Even though I was ten minutes early for my last annual physical, her first words to me were: " hurry up, get in the room and undress, I am running late!"
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Stogsdill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIntermed, 84 Marginal Way, Portland, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill in this video.
Dr. Patricia B Stogsdill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, ME.