Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia A Strimpel MD
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Farmington, MI, with another office in Jackson, MI. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel has 2 locations
32455 W 12 Mile Rd Unit 2832
Farmington, MI 48333
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
13 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
More about Dr. Patricia A Strimpel
Dr. Patricia Strimpel received her Bachelor and Master of Science degrees from Wayne State University and received her medical degree from The American University of the Caribbean. She completed her internship training in Internal Medicine at St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit and went on to complete her neurology residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Dr. Strimpel completed additional fellowship training in EEG/Epilepsy at the University of Michigan focusing on the management of patients in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, long-term video EEG monitoring of critically ill patients, identification and treatment of status epilepticus, evaluation of patients with treatment-resistant epilepsy including the identification of candidates for surgical resection, and intraoperative monitoring.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patricia A Strimpel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Farmington, MI.