Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patricia M Stringer
Dr. Patricia M Stringer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington Heights, IL. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Stringer is affiliated with Holy Family Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. Dr. Stringer has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Patricia M Stringer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Many years ago Dr Stringer was my mother-in-laws physician. I was so impressed with her that I also became a patient, and recently when my husband became seriously ill, Dr Stringer thankfully accepted him as a patient. We will always be grateful for her perseverance in finding the answer to my husbands medical issues. Her willingness to take the time to solve a problem, as well as her genuine concern for her patients, is outstanding. While at the hospital, it was amazing how many of the nurses are also patients of this practice. Aside from personal experience, there can't be a better recommendation.
Dr. Stringer is quite friendly and VERY BUSY. She is soo busy that my mom's cancer was went from No Cancer to STAGE 4 Cancer , end of story. 6 months later my mom died of cancer. This could have been detected with a simple CT scan , but what do I know? This is a true story and my sweet dear mom has passed.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2013, 2011, 2016, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Stringer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1985
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Patricia M Stringer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArlington Internal Medicine, 1606 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL
Dr. Patricia M Stringer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington Heights, IL.