The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia S Wexler has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Laser Surgery
- Actinic Keratosis
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Skin Cancer
- Liposuction (Lipectomy)
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I initially met with Dr. Wexler after a botched face lift. She was not only kind,and honest, but very resourceful when she referred me to Dr. David Rosenberg for a revision face lift. He is the 'best' cosmetic surgeon! Three months after my revision I had three sets of Sculptra injected into my face by Dr. Wexler. Within a year my face looked better than ever! What a fabulous team of doctors! Now I visit Dr. Wexler a couple of times a year for Restayline in order to maintain the gorgeous results she gave me. *The results of injections are a result of the doctor. Dr. Wexler is fantastic!
Dr. Wexler injected my face with filler. Two months later I had the appearance of a "Large apple" of swelling on one side of my face. When I called her, she blamed the time of year and a multitude of possible medical problems. When I went to see her, the litany continued and ended when she didn't want to inject hyaluronidase-an enzyme which dissolves fillers- telling me I'd have "no lip left" if she did. She gave me the name of a neurologist. I went to another dermatologist and ONE VIAL OF hyaluronidase later I WAS BACK TO NORMAL. SAD.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. Patricia S Wexler accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWexler Dermatology, 145 E 32nd St Fl 7, New York, NY
Dr. Patricia S Wexler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.