Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patricia S Wu has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Patricia S Wu has the following 15 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Patricia S Wu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I had been dealing with symptoms of hypothyroidism for months (weight gain, abnormal periods, hair loss, exhaustion, painful intercourse, etc) and my TSH was on the rise. I begged my doctor for a referral to endocrinology and was so happy to finally go get some help. Dr Wu sent her student in to deal with me and joined us at the end of the appointment. After not having listened to any of my input, she suggested I "was dealing with a mental issue" and referred me to a psychiatrist, she said I was "depressed and stressed out and needed to take a class to learn how to sleep better" and blamed the painful intercourse on me "not being attracted to my husband anymore" (we were married 3 months prior to my appointment!). I am a medical professional myself, so I didn't exactly fall of the turnip truck when it comes to dealing with health issues. Very unprofessional and highly inappropriate, would NOT recommend.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
34 Years Experience
University Of Edinburgh
Graduated in 1984
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patricia S Wu in this video.
Dr. Patricia S Wu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.