3.9

Have you seen Dr. Patrick C Angelos?

Wish I didn't have this surgery with this Doctor.

I've broken my nose multiple times and was recommended to see Dr. Angelos by an emergency room doctor because he was "a great ENT that is good at getting things covered by insurance." Literally his words. I thought "Ok. Thats great because I'm a broke college student with a crooked nose and can't breath at all and this needs to be fixed." Big Mistake. He's a nice guy but... I wish I had some common sense. For my consultation and pre-op I went over the surgery with Dr. Angelos. He explained that I had a deviated septum and collapsed nasal valve as well as my nose being crooked and the tip being misshapen as a result of my injuries. I made it very clear that not only did I want the internal issues to be fixed, but the external as well aka the cosmetic. Dr. Angelos agreed. Let me re-iterate that I made this very clear to him multiple times. Dr. Angelos never showed me a 3D rendering of what my nose potentially could look like after he was done, which I thought was weird but trusted him and shrugged it off. He also never gave me any pre-op instructions (such as what foods to avoid before surgery, to avoid alcohol, etc). He just gave me a time and I showed up. Fast forward to post op. My nose was bleeding excessively for about a week. I opened my mouth and blood would gush out. Ok whatever. No big deal.... He did have to break my nose after all..... ***Fast forward to a few months post op- Swelling has gone down a little and I start to notice that absolutely nothing has been done to fix my nose externally besides it being straightened back out. I don't know what on earth he did, but now the tip of my nose looks WAY WORSE. It's very PINCHED and rounded on both sides and both sides of my tip don't even come close to matching each other. The bump I asked to have shaved down was and is still there. Now, I also have a new PERMANENT BUMP on the right side of my nose that appears to be a piece of cartilage that is out of place. You can see it when you look at me and I can literally take my finger and push it back into place, only for it to just pop back out of place. I am now almost 4 years post op and It looks absolutely ridiculous. I have been quoted $6,500 to fix my nose by another doctor who had a lot of negative things to say about Dr. Angelos "work" on my nose. When I pointed out these issues to Dr. Angelos he told me that Insurance wouldn't cover his screw up and that I would have to pay for him to fix it. Yeah, no thanks. The only positive from this entire negative experience it that I can breath out of my nose again. I don't recommend.

Please seek care elsewhere

I have never felt more like a number or that a doctor cared less about my concerns than during my appointment with Dr. Angelos. I have already scheduled my 14 day follow up visit with MUSC ENT. Please do not waste your co payment.

Dr. Patrick C Angelos is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.