Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patrick Barrett
Dr. Patrick Barrett, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Babylon, NY, with another office in Oakdale, NY. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Barrett is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital, Brookhaven Memorial Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Patrick Barrett has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 17
I needed another Doctor because of my Insurance and Dr. Barrett came highly recommended. I made an apointment, a little bit of a wait but worth it. First I saw Bill his PA. He was excellent, very knowledgeable, smart, careing and very personable. I felt comfortalble with him and his backround in Heamatology/Oncology reasured me that I was in a good office. He took care of my issues, ordered and perscribed everything. Then Dr. Barrett entered to introduce himself, reviewed what Bill and I talked about and agreed with everything. He was very nice and too easy to talk to. I am very happy I listened to what others said about Sunrise family medical and would recommend anyone to see Dr. Barrett and his PA Bill.
I was a steady patient at Dr. Barrett's office. It just so happened that my insurance had both mine and my son's narcotic records combined and I was denied anxiety and pain medication. I am humiliated and horribly embarrassed. I remain extremely upset about my experience in Dr. Barrett's office. This is unfair and I will never forget this. A physician should always give a patient a period of time to locate another dr. It is just good medical practice. I feel like a victim of a crime when I didn't do anything wrong.
Dr. Barrett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Good Samaritan Hospital
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
Stony Brook University Hospital S U N Y Health Sci
18 Years Experience
New York Institute of Technology
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patrick Barrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Babylon, NY.