Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick Box has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Patient Care
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I was a patient for over 2 years and in that time I was in pain for the better part of it. The pain was so bad that I was in tears at nearly every visit because nothing he did for me seemed to work. Dr. Box began to treat me as those I was inconveniencing him, and I no longer felt that he was listening to my needs. I finally fired Dr. Box and changed to another Rheumatologist. I learned from the new Dr. that Dr. Box had put in my chart notes that I was emotional and that the pain was all in my head. He also indicated that I was just seeking medication. Needless to say, after switching Dr.s, being put on Remicade, and changing/finding the proper dosages of my meds, I have been virtually pain-free for the last 2 years. The only trouble I have is during flare-ups which just happen. I would never recommend Dr. Box because of the way he treated me when he couldn't figure out how to help me.
Dr. Box is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Patrick Box accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patrick Box is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.