Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patrick J Culligan
Dr. Patrick J Culligan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Culligan is affiliated with Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Culligan has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Patrick J Culligan has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Birth Control
- Fecal Incontinence
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Pelvic Exam
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
As a specialist in Pelvic Organ Prolapse I believe Dr. Culligan is used to seeing older women who've had multiple deliveries, and thus he didn't know what to make of me -- a young woman who's had no children. He did a quick exam before turfing me off to a physiatrist (who, it turned out, dealt with external pelvic musculature and thus nothing relevant to my problem). He offered next to nothing in the way of moving forward to solve my problem -- no imaging, no procedures -- and I was so down in the dumps I cried for two days (admittedly not his fault). I sought a second opinion who felt abnormalities he did not feel and set me up with a team of specialists and a slew of procedures to help lead to a successful Dx. Nice guy with genuine sympathy but it's tough to earn a good rating when you offer nothing to a patient who's been in pain for 20+ years (which is more than half my lifetime).
I felt comfortable immediately. He really knows what he's doing. I have been to four other urogyns, but he will do my surgery...glad I found him
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Culligan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Greenville Hospital System
Dr. Patrick J Culligan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNyp Weill Cornell Medical Center, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patrick J Culligan in this video.
Dr. Patrick J Culligan is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.