Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patrick Walker
Dr. Patrick Walker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houma, LA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Walker is affiliated with Terrebonne General Medical Center, Thibodaux Regional Medical Center and Terrebonne General Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Patrick Walker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 70
Dr Walker was treating me at T.G.M.C. he was nice, caring, and seemed to be a great Dr, I was even thinking about switching to him for my family Dr, until I met his staff, they are very rude and unprofessional! We left several messages for a nurse to call us back, but never did they call us back, he was supposed to give me a test for my health, we never got the call for the appointment for the test! The staff was rude to me when I called to ask questions, I wonder if Dr Walker knows how his staff is treating his ppl, I wish I could speak to him to let him know, but I would have to pay to talk to him! And also if yu need paper work filled out for yr job, they charge yu 20 a sheet! Like i said he is good, but his staff gives yu a hard time, with a bad attitude!
Dr. Walker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Terrebonne General Medical Center
19 Years Experience
St. George's University
Graduated in 1997
Cooper University Hospital
Dr. Patrick Walker accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHOUMA HEALTH CLINIC, 827 Bayou Gardens Blvd, Houma, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patrick Walker in this video.
Dr. Patrick Walker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houma, LA.