Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James P Hieber has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Child Development
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Hieber was my pediatrician throughout my entire childhood. He is very caring, knowledgeable, and approachable. He inspired me to become a pediatrician, and I am proud to say that I will be finishing my pediatrics residency this year. He has been a huge impact on my life as a physician and a role model, and I'm blessed to have met him.
Dr Hieber is our daughter's pediatrician, the times that we have gone, we are called in either at our exact appointment time or just a few minutes before. His nurse is very nice, they are both very knowledgeable and I would not give this dr up for anything! Believe me I go with my sisters to their childrens pediatricians, we wait in the waiting room for about 45 minutes where they take us to another room and we wait another 30 minutes! This is the best.
I went here and was amazed by the sheer rudeness of one nurse in this office. I will never step foot in this place again ever. Being treated like being done a favor is not the best way of doing business. I am now taking my child to a doctor in Medical city and very pleased with the service and professionalism of the office staff.
Dr, hieber has bee my kids doctor for almost 13 years, I have 4 kids and I would not change Doctors even now that I have to travel 50 miles round trip, I have, over the years developped a great amount of trust with him and his staff, I feel fortunate to have found him and greatfull that he was able to take care of my kids.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2011, 2016, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2014, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Hieber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Dr. James P Hieber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClinical Pediatric Associates, 8355 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 105, Dallas, TX
Dr. James P Hieber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.