Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patrick K Lam
Dr. Patrick K Lam, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Goodyear, AZ, with other offices in Avondale, AZ and Avondale, AZ (and 1 other location). He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Lam is affiliated with Abrazo West Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Patrick K Lam has 4 locations
13555 W McDowell Rd Ste 209
Goodyear, AZ 85395
13065 W McDowell Rd Ste B108
Avondale, AZ 85392
1850 N 95th Ave Ste 190
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Book Online Now
Dr. Patrick K Lam has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Patrick K Lam has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patrick K Lam - Posted on January 11th, 2017
Have tried to get an appointment for over a year. I am told my referral never arrived by fax but I have actually stayed on the phone while the insurance company faxed and confirmed the arrival of the fax. Finally got an appointment even though they still have no record of my referral. Oddly enough they now have my old outdated referral on file. VERY frustrating!!!
Follow up and Staff communcation marginal at best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patrick K Lam - Posted on January 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patrick K Lam - Posted on December 4th, 2015
You can tell a great doctor if they spend time explaining
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patrick K Lam - Posted on April 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Patrick K Lam - Posted on March 11th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Patrick K Lam Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patrick K Lam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Goodyear, AZ.