Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick M Mcgookey has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
After having a freak seizure due to lack of electrolytes from playing sports on a very hot day, I was put on a seizure medication that I reacted badly to and caused more seizures. I lost my license and started shopping for a new neurologist because I needed to get off of this medication and get my license back (I worked as a delivery driver and have had a very tough time due to this incident). I went to Dr McGookey, and though he seemed to know very little about Seizures at all and was an absolute jerk to both my family and I, at least he tried me on different seizure medicines. After nearly a year of not having my license (thank you to my job for allowing me to at least work for lower pay in another department) I called ahead of time to make sure everything is in order such as blood tests, etc. and everything was supposedly fine. The morning of my scheduled appointment, I got a call asking where my blood test was, that this would be a strike against me and that if it happened again I'd be dropped, and they asked if I'd like to reschedule in the future. I will now be looking for a new neurologist. I will never go there again.
Dr. Patrick M Mcgookey accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPatrick M Mcgookey Md Pa, 126 Del Prado Blvd N Ste 106, Cape Coral, FL
Dr. Patrick M Mcgookey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cape Coral, FL.