Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick B Mullen has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 15
I have suffered from head trauma, seizures and bipolar disorder for over 30 years. No dr. could help me, and I have seen many in several states. Dr. Mullen saved my life when I was at my breaking point. If you are suffering from a neurological or so called "mental illness" see Dr. Mullen. He is the best doctor I have ever known. Period.
I seen many doctors before I seem Dr. Mullen and from my first visit with him he made me feel very comfortable. He listens and gives really good feedback to all my questions and concerns. I have been seeing him now for over 5 years and plan to continue seeing him. His "bedside manner" is fantastic. All my medication is monitored and changed when need to be and he has made hisself available to me at all times. I highly recommend Dr. Mullen to anyone. Also the rest of the staff is also great, Lisa is the nicest receptionist of all the doctors I see.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Patrick B Mullen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPoinsett Psychiatric Group, 3C Cleveland Ct, Greenville, SC
Dr. Patrick B Mullen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, SC.