Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick G Odonnell has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Patrick G Odonnell has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 13
I'm a mother of one of his patients. He knows my daughter is a prescription drug addict and he has her on so many drugs she cannot function on a day to day basis. He knows what drugs she is abusing but he keeps writing prescriptions for them anyway. She is also done physical damage from one of the drugs but he keeps her on it. He is the worse psychiatrist my daughter has ever had and I'm worried if she continues with him she will not live much longer.
Patient oriented, kind. He is in a difficult situation at I Think I Can. The office management is strange, very strange. Make appointments months in advance, then they cancel your appointment and give it to someone else. They do not support patient in wellness, but seem to thwart it. However, he is supportive and will continue to try. He stays there very late because he is booked so tight so the waits are as long as 4 or 5 hours for us.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Lsu Health Sciences
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPatrick Gilbert Odonnell Md, 917 Clock Tower Dr Ste 120, Springfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patrick G Odonnell in this video.
Dr. Patrick G Odonnell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.