Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick M Omeara has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cholesterol Management
- Nutritional Support
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I find Dr. O'Meara to be very personable and caring. He listens to my complaints, and asks questions about what is currently going on in my life, which can be very helpful in coming up with a course of treatment. He is very willing to work with my preference for alternative treatments and never pooh-poohs some of the crazy things I come up with. I feel that he sees me as a PERSON not just a patient.
This Dr. Should be ashamed of the way he treats his pt's. Horrible service from the phone call to set the apt to the actual visit. The Dr. was rude, staff was not helpful nor considerate. I had to get a second opinion and even that Dr. Said that she would NEVER consider recommending pt's to him because he is careless. all that he wants is $$ not to help and heal people. Sad World.
I think Patrick Omeara is a nice guy but he NOT a good doctor. He saw a family member of mine who was in the last stage of cancer. Who obviously looked extremely pale and could hardly walk, and he didn't even check her blood pressure. He told her to go back home instead of insisting she go to the hospital. She went back to Dr Omeara three days later in severe pain, he made her wait 40 minutes before seeing her. She was then admitted to the hospital and died 2 months later. Why couldn't he admit her to the hospital right away? Instead he scared her by saying she could get MRSA if she goes in.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
21 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Patrick M Omeara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMerwick And Associates, 533 W North Ave Ste 101, Elmhurst, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patrick M Omeara in this video.
Dr. Patrick M Omeara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.