Dr. Patrick Pritchard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patrick Pritchard?

blessed to have patrick prichard.

Posted on October 25th, 2017

absolute best doctor i have ever been a patient of..i would not be walking if not for his skill as my neurosurgeon. he replaced fusions and inserted rods in my lower back from auto wreck some 20 years ago. he has been a constant help in residual problems. i look forward to upcoming surgery to relieve disk pain in my neck.a true professional and caring human being.

my neurosurgeon

Posted on September 19th, 2017

dr prichard is one of the most brilliant and caring physicians that i've been treated by.blessed to have him in my life.

Old time doctoring

Posted on January 1st, 2017

Listens to you

Good doctor

Posted on December 28th, 2016

Patient with you humble and good listener

Posted on August 11th, 2016

I am sure he is a good doctor. I had 3 scheduled visits with him. Each one I waited over an hour before being seen. The last visit I sat outside for 1.5 hrs then when I was called back to have vitals taken, they said to sit and wait because all the rooms were full. I just left. Be prepared to wait a LONG time. I found another doctor.

Posted on August 17th, 2015

Excellent! Great care!

Posted on April 1st, 2015

Respectful and caring person. Inteligent and skilled surgeon. Best at UAB.

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Although I had to wait to see him, it was well worth that wait. He spent all the time he needed to answer and explain all of my questions. I would wait longer if I had to in order to have this kind of attention. Great Dr.

Time well spent

Posted on January 22nd, 2014

My appointment ran late but that was ok with me. I knew that it was because Dr. Prichard was doing what he was suppose to do. He was taking care of his patients and making sure they understood everything they needed to know. He spent 2 hours in the room with me and my husband making sure we understood everything. Showing us the MRI, the tumor and making sure we felt confident. I know that God lead me to Dr. Prichard and I will be putting my life in his hands soon. He also found some other things that were on my MRI that another Dr I had previously gone to never even told me about. I feel that Dr. Prichard was honest, open, professional and has a great bedside manner. I'm expecting great things from him and his staff. Mary was also great.

Posted on August 7th, 2012

This is one of the greatest doctors I have ever been to. (I've been to many.)He is thorough. He goes beyond his call of duty. He is very attentive to your problem. If your problem doesn't fall in his expertise, he advises you what your next step should be.

Took the time

Posted on March 20th, 2011

About four years ago I experienced severe lower back pain as a result of an unfortunate roller skating spill. The pain was extremely severe and made all aspects of my life miserable, so I made an appointment with a local neurosurgeon who was supposed to be one of the best in the city. After 10 minutes, he said I needed surgery and asked me to see the receptionist to make the appointment. I was not about to jump into major surgery without a second opinion, so I asked my primary care physician to recommend someone in the same medical facility/system she was in and she recommended Dr. Pritchard. I am so glad she did. During my appointment, Dr. Pritchard did a thorough examination (x-rays, MRI, etc.) and reviewed with me--in detail--my options and the pros/cons of each and recommended I try pain therapy first before considering surgery. Surgery in my case was a last resort. He referred me to a pain specialist who performed a serise of 3 blocks over the course of about 3 months. This approach worked for me. I had pain relief after the second injection and have been relatively pain-free for four years. Dr. Pritchard's willingness to listen to me and my concerns and to spend no less than an hour devoted just to me was exactly what I expect from a doctor. I highly recommend him.

LtCol of Marines

Posted on December 23rd, 2010

I was diagnosed with a tumor in my spine, Dr. Pritchard futher diagnosed it as granulomas in the dura of the spine. I have a pain pump with a catheter in my spine and the tumor was growing to the catheter. Dr. Pritchard removed the tumors and the catheter. His technical expertise and conduct was totally professional, as was the staff of UAB Neurology Dept. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Pritchard and the staff. Well Done!