Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick S Sciara has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Sciara is CARELESS as another reviewer has pointed out.I liked him and felt I was in good care at first. UNTIL he suddenly refused to prescribe my anti-anxiety medication without warning, a result of his failure to take proper notes. Long story short, he did not give me enough medication in time it took to see the Dr. he recommended and I suffered SEVERE problems as a result. I called almost every day for 3 weeks begging to speak with him, with no reply. He did prescribe some medication,but for fewer days that I needed to see other Dr's. I emailed him explaining the unnacceptable care and recieved a msge today he had deleted my portal account.
I was hospitalized for DVT and Dr. Sciara was my primary care physician. He took over managing my INR (after I had already been in the hospital for 7 days) and without reading my chart lowered my dose of coumadin. His actions forced me to continue to be hospitalized for an additional 4 days while they managed my INR. He never listed to me, and when I told him I was having some severe side effects to the coumadin he said "don't worry you're probably just pregnant." I was not pregnant, and he didn't care to look into it any further. Because of his carelessness I ended up being charged for an additional 4 days in the cardiac ward (which isn't cheap). AVOID HIM IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. He does not have your best health in mind.
17 Years Experience
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Patrick S Sciara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patrick S Sciara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.