Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick W Shovlin III has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I have had a lot of surgeries and now that I have come under Dr. Shovlin's care, I would never consider another surgeon. He is conservative and knowledgeable and very compassionate. He will sit and answer any questions you have for as long as it takes I have trusted him with my life 5 times. His staff is also fantastic and responsive. I have never been so well taken care of!
My wife was admitted in the hospital, so this want an office visit. He was in and out within 5 minutes. He constantly interrupted my wife. He told her that her last Dr and surgeon were "liars" and said to tell my oldest son to "step up and help more around the house." Everything else I have to say would be extremely vulgar as he left my wife in tears. If I had been present, he may have left with a broken jaw, to give him time to listen instead of talk over his patients. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Patrick W Shovlin III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAssociates Of Surgery, 4300 Windsor Centre Trl Ste 400, Flower Mound, TX
Dr. Patrick W Shovlin III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flower Mound, TX.