Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick W Sturm has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Patrick W Sturm has the following 7 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Patrick W Sturm has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 12
I went to Dr. Sturm with my lung disease and he said my lungs were not bad and because I am about 80 pounds overweight , he suggested that I get gastric bypass surgery. What does that have to do with my lung disease? He seemed very unconcerned about my lungs and unwilling to help me get well. I have since went to another pulmonary doctor who took me seriously and did not make me feel uncomfortable like Dr Sturm did. Also, I have taken tests at the hospital and I have advanced lung disease but yet Dr Sturm said my lungs are not bad. The staff also seemed a big rude like others have stated here.
We met Dt Sturm about 6 or 7 years ago , My son was in need of a new pulmo doc .He had out grown CHP.Matthew came down with pnumonia and was in ccu med cer beaver.Dr Sturm was instrumental in keeping my son alive .For the years that followed.He is a gentle giant , as Matt would refer to him .He can be a little rough at times but knows his stuff. through the years they bonded and a friendship grew... Matthew had "many" ccu stays as he was vent dependent and was sick often.All I can say as the mother of Matthew is "THANK you "this doctor , is excellent and I would refer anyone in need of a pulmo doc to Patrick Sturm... I am one of his patients also and the care and time he takes with his patients is wonderful....
Dr. Sturm is a very good and caring doctor. He is very honest, answers questions in a forthright manner, and spends time with his patients. The office staff, on the other hand, seems jealous of allowing access to the doctor and is obstructive when one is seeking information or trying to make an appointment. I know at least one person who decided to get treatment elsewhere after experiencing the rudeness and offhand manner of the staff.
40 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Patrick W Sturm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsHeritage Valley Health System, 1201 3rd St, Beaver, PA
Dr. Patrick W Sturm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaver, PA.