Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick K Timms has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Patrick K Timms has the following 9 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 29
My first visit was thoroughly completed, he listened all through my session. He listened carefully and ask the questions I wanted to hear. I look forward to seeing again next month. I can say he's caring and thorough, I was totally comfortable and pleased with some of the concern's that he was sharing, I felt like he had been my doctor for year's.
Dr. Timms never made eye contact with me. He asked me two questions, did a 2 minute exam, and gave me a diagnosis. He wrote me a script for so much labwork but never explained what he was testing for or why. From the moment he walked in he appeared rude. He sat with his back towards me and spoke so low I could barely hear him. When I asked him to repeat himself, he showed his annoyance. He is not personable at all. His staff was ok. I believe I was misdiagnosed. He never explained why I was diagnosed with my illness or what the diagnosis meant.
I've had connective tissue disease for a long time and have been to more than a few rheumatologists in my day. Dr. Timms is solid. He addresses the important stuff -organ damage, prognosis, joint damage, etc and of course I can imagine his practice is very busy, so it might not be for you if you aren't familiar yet with your disease or are particularly needy. I've learned a long time ago to be grateful for normal labs and that unhappiness is not a medical disease to expect doctors to fix for you.
35 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Patrick K Timms accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Colorado Clinic, 3676 Parker Blvd Ste 230, Pueblo, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patrick K Timms in this video.
Dr. Patrick K Timms is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pueblo, CO.