Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patrick W Lam
Dr. Patrick W Lam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lam is affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary and VA NY Harbor Healthcare System. He speaks English.
Dr. Patrick W Lam has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 1 of 1
I went to see Dr. Lam as it recommended by my PCP whom I like very much, but this doctors comes across so unprofessional that is almost laughable it it was not my heart that was on the line. To start, my first appointment he had the file of another patient with him, not mine, and I had to watch a 15 minutes argument between him and his secretary about the error and how to fix it. Then I had my consultation and he came across unexperienced, and ordered that I had an Eco stress done, so I left already knowing that I would be looking for another doctor after the test. Today, I had my second appointment with him to hear what he had to say after the results of my eco stress, he was clearly annoyed that I brought my husband with me and was very defensive with our questions, not to mention that the whole time, he was slouched in his chair with his hands behind his head as if he was sunbathing in a sunny resort!! In sum, bad manners, disrespectful and unprofessional. I do not usually write reviews, but will start doing it now because people should never get this type of service!
Dr. Lam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Faculty Of Medicine-University Of Toronto
Dr. Patrick W Lam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patrick W Lam in this video.
Dr. Patrick W Lam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.