Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patrick J Walsh III
Dr. Patrick J Walsh III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anaheim, CA, with another office in Santa Monica, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Dr. Walsh is affiliated with Anaheim Global Medical Center. Dr. Walsh has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Patrick J Walsh III has the following 5 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
If your child ever becomes unstable and you rush to the hospital, a pediatric emergency medicine specialist will work to quickly diagnose the condition, start treatment and then continue to monitor symptoms until he/she is stable again. They are pediatricians specifically trained to handle medical emergencies and make quick decisions to treat infants and children.
They have experience treating allergic reactions, poisonings, trauma injuries from accidents and complications that arise from any chronic illnesses, congenital conditions, asthma or diabetes. They can also diagnose the source of severe symptoms like fever, seizures and trouble breathing to get parents more answers.
- Sleep Disorders
- Child Development
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
HE SPEAKS PERFECT ENGLISH WICH IS SOOO RARE TO FIND A DR THAT DOES!! HE KNOCKS BEFORE HE COMES IN..ALWAYS SAYS HELLO!! I LOVE THAT HE SITS DOWN & EXPLAINS THINGS TO US & THEN ASK US IF WE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS! HE DOESN'T TREAT MY KID LIKE A PIECE OF HAM...HE'S GENTLE..TALKS TO HIM & DOESN'T JUST FLOP HIM AROUND! WHEN DR WALSH ISN'T THERE DR. HAMPTON IS & SHE'S ALSO AMAZING ( 2 GREAT DR.S UNDER 1 ROOF...AMAZING) SHE SPEAKS PERFECT ENGLISH ALSO & IS ALSO SOOO GENTLE & I FEEL LIKE I CAN CALL THEM & NOT FEEL LIKE THEIR GONNA BLOW ME OFF OR PUT ME ON HOLD FOREVER. I'VE EVEN CALLED & TOLD THEM MY KID HAS EYE BOOGIES THAT WON'T GO AWAY...EXPLAINED THE COLOR & SOME OTHER THINGS & THEY GAVE ME A NATRUAL REMEDY OVER THE PHONE! DIDN'T MAKE ME GO IN! DIDN'T CHARGE ME $50 FOR AN APPT.! THEY ARE SOOO GREAT! IM SOOO HAPPY WITH MY TODDLERS DR.! WE'VE BEEN GOING THERE SINCE HE WAS ONLY 3 DAYS OLD!
I have been coming to this office ever since my son was born. I did get to meet him the day my son was born also. Hes a very nice guy, although he sometimes isnt in the office so we see another dr. but shes also great :) shes answered all of our questions and was so thurough about her answers. but i just have one bit problem. my son needed to see a surgeon for a surgery. and they would say they would call me, they never called me. i had to call all the time. i just have some problems with the staff there. either than that they are super nice to me and my son. One of the nurses there has been there since i had my son, and shes always talking to me about him and asks about my mom because she used to go with me. Shes been helping us since my son was born and hes almost 4. theyre very helpful to me.
I JUST VERY UPSET BECAUSE NONE OF MY QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED. I DIDN'T HAVE A TIME TO EVEN ASK HIM ANYTHING.HE WENT IN AND OUT AND MY CHILDS PRESCRIBTION WAS WAITING FOR ME IN THE FRONT.ALL HE SAID TO ME AND MY CHILD WAS A VERY LOW HELLO AND DIDN'T EVEN LOOK US IN THE EYES.I LEFT WITH AN EMPTY FEELING IN MY STOMACH NOT EVEN KNOWING WANT MY CHILD HAD OR WHAT MEDICATION HE WAS GIVEN.I ASK THE STAFF IF THE CAN INFORM ME WHAT MEDICATION AND WHAT MY CHILD HAD. I ENDED UP WAITING ANOTHER HOUR GAVE UP AND ENDED UP WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR. THE WAIT WAS LONG TO SEE THE DOCTOR BUT I DON'T MIND IF I WAIT AS LONG AS I GET TREATED GOOD BY THE DOCTOR AND STAFF.I JUST ENDED UP GOING TO A DIFFERENT DOCTOR AND PAYING CASH BUT AT LEAST I WAS AWARE OF MY CHILD CONDITION.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Walsh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1976
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Patrick J Walsh III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patrick J Walsh III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anaheim, CA.