Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Patrick Whitlow has the following 1 specialty
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Fibrinolytic / Thrombolytic Therapy
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pathologic Constriction
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
After 2 heart attack and no definitive diagnosis, I asked that my records/cath. reports, etc be sent to someone at the CC. I then visited the clinic and saw Dr. Whitlow, who was completely familiar with my history and who gave me the diagnosis I believed I should have had all along... coronary spasm. He changed my meds a bit but more importantly, explained to me what to do when a spasm occurs and let me know that spasms do not necessarily lead to heart attacks. WHAT a relief - a positive spin on a scary condition. My life changed after seeing Dr Whitlow and I always recommend the CC to anyone with a medical problem that's somewhat unusual.
I saw Dr Whitlow after the cardiologists I was seeing in another state were unsure of my diagnosis. My own research led me to believe that the problem was cardiac spasm as cause of my 2 heart attacks....I have minimal coronary blockage. All my echos, cath photos and Hx were sent first to Dr Whitlow and he was very familiar with my case before I saw him. His assessment was insightful, his suggestions were logical, and his manner very approachable. I felt that for the first time I had been seen and evaluated by a Dr. that actually knew what the problem was, and what my treatment should be. I so very glad I came to the CC and saw Dr Whitlow....it was a wonderful experience.
Dr. Whitlow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Patrick Whitlow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Patrick Whitlow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elyria, OH.