Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patsy J Mitchell
Dr. Patsy J Mitchell, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Brunswick, GA. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Mitchell is affiliated with Southeast Georgia Health System Brunswick Campus. Dr. Mitchell has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Patsy J Mitchell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Patsy J Mitchell has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Patsy J Mitchell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
Made an appointment with Dr. Mitchell after reading about her work with diabetes and hbp. After 3 appointments, never saw her -- only the nurse practitioner. The office does not answer the phones and does not return phone calls. Additionally, they will reset appointments and then charge you for the formerly set appointments.
Unfortunately, I had a very bad experience with her office staff. I contacted the office months ago and requested to become a patient. I filled out all the paperwork and mailed it to her. I also sent a request to my former physician to forward my records. After a considerable period, a staff member told me that the medical records from my last physician had not been received. Wrote a letter to my formal doctor, and waited weeks. Nothing. I'm now running out of prescription meds. Contacted Dr. Mitchell's office once again. "Yes, the medical records had been received from my old dr, but Dr. Mitchell has decided not to accept any more Medicare patients. They never called me, they never wrote me. They just let me wait and wait. I've found another doctor but must wait six weeks for the first appointment. I will be without necessary meds for weeks. I still can't get over the discourtesy of Dr. Mitchell and/or her staff of not contacting me so that a could look for another doctor.
After relocating to GA from NJ, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find a doctor as good as the one I had in NJ, which I went to for about 25 years. Dr. Mitchell is just as good and even though the office is run a little "off", I am confident by the services provided by this doctor and would recommend her highly.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mitchell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Patsy J Mitchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPartners In Hiealth, 118 Northpark Dr, Brunswick, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Patsy J Mitchell in this video.
Dr. Patsy J Mitchell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.