Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Patty Balch
Dr. Patty Balch, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Balch is affiliated with North Carolina Baptist Hospitals, Davie County Hospital and Medical Park Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Patty Balch has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Balch is, by far, the best Doctor I have ever been to - period!! She takes whatever time is necessary to talk to me, listens to me and makes sure that I understand everything that happens during the appointment. She is very open and honest and I appreciate her directness. I completely trust her!
Dr. Balch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
Davie County Hospital
Medical Park Hospital
Forsyth Medical Center
North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
Forsyth Medical Center Outpatient Orthopedic Surgery
28 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Patty Balch accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsForsyth Bone Density, 2828 Maplewood Ave, Winston Salem, NC
Dr. Patty Balch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.