Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul A Epstein has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Paul Epstein is just like a virus you want to avoid. In less than one years time he has taken over my Aunt and Uncle care which were both very stable came in changed med's which they were having no problems with and put them on a crash course to the point of hospitalization... Folks start reading this mans reviews and ask yourself is this the man for you.
This doctor is brilliant, caring, and listens. I've used various doctors over the years but my condition didn't improve. I gave up until I went to Dr. Epstein, who understands medicine/individual bodies better than anyone I've seen before. He takes time to explain research and findings and applies them to my situation, checks BP himself, etc. He gives me hope that I can get better because I trust his judgment enough to follow his suggestions for my treatment. I have already improved!
This is NOT your doctor if you are interested in TRT, or are having problems with Testosterone therapy! Not only does he not believe in TRT as a practice, he also doesn't have any knowledge of treating secondary systems associated with TRT. He's a very smart guy, but clearly is interested in other areas.
Unfortunately Dr. Epstein is not up on current information regarding autoimmune thyroid conditions, and still utilizes only TSH levels for treating patients, despite his impressive credentials. I am extremely hypothyroid, even had myxedema but Dr. Epstein would only consider my low TSH levels and treatment for HYPER thyroid. Sadly, I continued to suffer for two years until I found a doc who understands that autoantibodies render the TSH Free T3 and Free T4 test useless. In the end my T3 was so low I could not function and resembled someone with severe mental illness. Stop The Thyroid Madness!
38 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Paul A Epstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center East, 1215 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul A Epstein in this video.
Dr. Paul A Epstein is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Nashville, TN.