Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul A Schmidt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Paul A Schmidt has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Paul A Schmidt has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Paul A Schmidt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I spent 37 min in office filling out forms. I refused to sign a couple of forms because they would violate the hippa laws designed to protect me from unauthorized medical information release. I spent several minutes standing at the receptionists window asking questions to be interrupted many times by her answering phone and performing administrative duties. When my specific concerns were mentioned to office manager 40 min later she said that "they would never release information to non-related agencies etc" however, their forms are the legal documents and they say they can release infomation or obtain information from essentially anyone and release to anyone. Since I refused to sign at two locations she informed me that the doctor would not see me. (several forms earlier they informed me that probably i wouldn't see a doctor anyway but a healthcare professional) I left the office after approx an hour. Since as a course of my travels I go to Mexico every couple of months it is very reasonable and easy to see a "doctor" there with much privacy concerns, Folks if you are concerned about your medical information falling into the wrong hands don't sign these types of release forms as they negate your protection under the hippa laws.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Paul A Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSchmidt Medical Clinic, 1008 NE Big Bend Trl, Glen Rose, TX
Dr. Paul A Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Rose, TX.