Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Y Abou
Dr. Paul Y Abou, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Cajon, CA, with another office in La Mesa, CA. His specialties include Pathology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Abou is affiliated with Greater El Monte Community Hospital, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Y Abou has 2 locations
5555 Grossmont Center Dr
La Mesa, CA 91942
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul Y Abou has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.<br>Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul Y Abou has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Paul Y Abou is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Very thorough and professional
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul Y Abou - Posted on June 3rd, 2018
Dr. Abou is amazing. He explains everything and goes the extra mile. I love that he is a straight shooter and very confident.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul Y Abou - Posted on October 8th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul Y Abou - Posted on September 23rd, 2010
Dr. Abou is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Almustansiriyah
Dr. Paul Y Abou Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Paul Y Abou's office for more information.
300 S Pierce St Ste 202 El Cajon, CA : (619) 589-6888
5555 Grossmont Center Dr La Mesa, CA 91942
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul Y Abou is similar to the following 4 Doctors near El Cajon, CA.