Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul J Alfieri MD
Dr. Paul J Alfieri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, DE, with other offices in Wilmington, DE and Newark, DE . He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Alfieri is affiliated with St Francis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul J Alfieri has 3 locations
701 Foulk Rd Ste 2B
Wilmington, DE 19803
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul J Alfieri has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Paul J Alfieri has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Alfieri - Posted on March 1st, 2017
I don't usually write reviews but I was so pleased with my visit that I thought I should probably share! I had been putting off making this appointment for way too long. When I finally did, I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I felt. I saw Dr. Paul and he really took his time to explain things to me and make me feel comfortable and confident. I asked loads of questions and I never felt rushed and I felt like he actually cared. I would recommend this cardiologist office to anybody in need of one!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Alfieri - Posted on February 21st, 2017
On my way to getting healthy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Alfieri - Posted on October 17th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Alfieri - Posted on April 9th, 2013
This physician is great insight and wonderful medical skills!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Alfieri - Posted on September 17th, 2012
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alfieri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Hershey Medical Center
Dr. Paul J Alfieri Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul J Alfieri is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newark, DE.