Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul H Allen MD
Dr. Paul H Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Leawood, KS, with another office in Kansas City, MO. His specialties include Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul H Allen has 2 locations
Dr. Paul H Allen has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
If your child ever becomes unstable and you rush to the hospital, a pediatric emergency medicine specialist will work to quickly diagnose the condition, start treatment and then continue to monitor symptoms until he/she is stable again. They are pediatricians specifically trained to handle medical emergencies and make quick decisions to treat infants and children.
They have experience treating allergic reactions, poisonings, trauma injuries from accidents and complications that arise from any chronic illnesses, congenital conditions, asthma or diabetes. They can also diagnose the source of severe symptoms like fever, seizures and trouble breathing to get parents more answers.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 4 of 4
Snapped at me in front of 2 young girls
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul H Allen - Posted on December 12th, 2018
Our daughters pediatrician, a female was out that day. Young child had a bad sinus infection having an ENT in my family, I suggested an antibiotic that works better for sinus infections. he snapped at me and told me this was not McDonald’s and we don’t just come in and order what we like. I was shocked. I defended myself and he ended up sending a letter dismissing both of my very young children as patients, he said he was a “boy” doctor and that we should go see Dr. sprinkle because she’s a female pediatrician. Highly unprofessional rude and short tempered. a female pediatrician. This was in Destin Florida at White Wilson Medical Center on Airport Road.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul H Allen - Posted on September 10th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul H Allen - Posted on April 26th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul H Allen - Posted on September 30th, 2010
St Louis Childrens Hospital
Dr. Paul H Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul H Allen, MD - Pediatric Emergency Medicine in Leawood, KS, in this video.
Dr. Paul H Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Leawood, KS.