Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul G Auwaerter MD
Dr. Paul G Auwaerter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul G Auwaerter has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul G Auwaerter has the following 16 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Tick-Borne Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Mono (Infectious Mononucleosis)
- Lyme Disease
- HIV Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Community-Acquired Infections
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
Dr. Paul G Auwaerter is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dubious Lyme Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul G Auwaerter - Posted on March 14th, 2017
Dr. Auwaerter has unfortunately allowed his ego, not the latest science, to dictate his medical practice. The science of medicine requires an open mind to our constantly evolving understanding of disease and the human body - all science functions in this manner. Yet Dr. Auwaerter is stuck in his way of thinking, with more interest in his personal crusade to fulfill his own narcissism than in helping people. His goal isn't to help you; his goal is to be right. And that makes all the difference.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul G Auwaerter - Posted on July 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul G Auwaerter - Posted on December 13th, 2015
My appointment was scheduled 6 months out during that time i read these reviews and kept wondering if i should keep the appointment or not. I did end up seeing Dr. Auwaerter. He spent close to an hour and half going over all of my test results and symptoms that I have had over the many years. I too was there looking for confirmation of Lyme Disease that I have been told for years that I have. While he did say he doesn't believe I have Lyme Disease and I'm not sure still whether i do or not. He did diagnose me with Spondyloarthropathy which is a genetic condition I had no idea that I had. Upon further testing by my G.P. I did find out that i carry the gene and adding up all of the symptoms I believe that my children also suffer from this disease as well as my sister without Dr. Auwaerter I don't believe I would have ever known about this disease.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul G Auwaerter - Posted on November 6th, 2015
THE GREATEST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!! saved my life!!!! for anyone to call him a quack. I don't believe you are even a patient! I have been a patient since 1998!! everything about him his perfect! the person who wrote he couldn't cure lyme, you probably don't have it!!! no dr can cure hypochondria!! I would give dr a my life. he gave me mine!! what I have is more serious than lyme!!!
A corrupt disgrace to the honor of all doctors
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul G Auwaerter - Posted on May 28th, 2015
31 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Paul G Auwaerter Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Paul G Auwaerter's office for more information.
1800 Orleans St Baltimore, MD : (410) 502-6938
Locations & DirectionsJOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL, 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul G Auwaerter, MD - Infectious Disease in Baltimore, MD, in this video.
Dr. Paul G Auwaerter is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.