Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul J Brown
Dr. Paul J Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. Dr. Brown has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul J Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul J Brown has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Geriatric Medicine
Dr. Paul J Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Great Doctor, Very smart, works with you, talks and discusses options. Concerned about my well being.
Went for my annual wellness visit and the doctor spent most of my time complaining that medicare does not cover anything and all he did was ask a few questions and make notes. I explained some of my issues (via notes I had previously prepared) and he did not not even bother to comment. I was very surprised to see so many good reviews after my terrible visit - if he does not like to work with medicare he can opt out rather than waste patients time.
Dr. Paul Brown is very knowledgeable, compassionate, accessible and an excellent physician. I consider myself fortunate to be his patient and recommend him highly as one's primary doctor. He always spends a lot of time every appointment talking with and listening to me, as well as explaining things clearly, which happens rarely in most GP appointments these days. He always inquires about one's professional and personal life, and is genuinely concerned about his patient's overall well-being. He takes the time to get to know you and fosters a wonderful doctor-patient relationship, (This has been very important for me recently, as I've also had to see several specialists, but Dr. Brown is my focal point--he wants the complete overview & is helping me to understand what's going on--I find this SO helpful.) In addition to enjoying thorough appointments, if you have a problem or question, call his office and you'll get a prompt response. After moving to SoCal from the East Coast a few years ago all my first primary care experiences in the South Bay area were mediocre to awful until I lucked upon Dr. Brown, so I feel I know what's available in Torrance, etc. Also great--his nurses and the office staff are the best as well!
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Capital Health System
Dr. Paul J Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAqdas S Kuraishi Md Inc, 3333 Skypark Dr Ste 160, Torrance, CA
Dr. Paul J Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.