Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Paul E Burk
Dr. Paul E Burk, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with another office in Saint Peters, MO. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Plastic Surgery and Otolaryngology. Dr. Burk is affiliated with Ssm De Paul Health Center, Des Peres Hospital and Missouri Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul E Burk has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Paul E Burk has the following 7 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Laser Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Hair Restoration
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Burk spent very little time with me, he didn't answer my questions. The visit was very rushed and unprofessional. When I got there he was cussing regarding phones not working. He is very rude to his staff. I would never let a family or friend see this doctor. I will make sure my primary is aware of how awful Dr. Burk is.
I saw Dr. Burk for a second opinion. He said he wanted to run a few tests for confirmation of what he was thinking. His diagnosis was spot on! I'm glad I trusted him to figure out what was happening in my body. He treated me with respect and although I didn't like coming back in for my test results-I learned why. He never gives results over the phone because when the patient hears a diagnosis they don't want to hear, the rest of the conversation gets lost. I appreciate that I got my results face to face. Excellent doctor.
Dr. Burk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Paul E Burk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO