Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul C Harris has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Harris did NOT pay attention to my previous medications/needs when prescribing new meds. He first prescribed me a daily preventative medicine for migraines as well as one to take at the onset of one. I went home before filling my prescription and googled it. Almost every person reported extreme weight gain associated w/ the drug. I am already overweight so in what world is this a good idea to prescribe me this med? I called back to get a different med...the staff was very nice, and they prescribed me a different one. I again went online to google it...and this one decreases the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. I am on oral birth control as my only form of contraception...Dr. Harris would have known this had he read my paperwork. I called back and told them this wouldn't work and we'd worry about it later if we had to. I went online and found out magnesium was effective at decreasing headaches...I upped my magnesium intake (which cut my headache frequency in half) and used the other meds they had given me to treat the headaches as they came. I told him about the magnesium at my followup and he acted like he knew about the effects of magnesium and how it was effective. Ok, then WHY did he not suggest this? I was not impressed with him overall.
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1984
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Paul C Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul C Harris in this video.
Dr. Paul C Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.