Dr. Paul Peterson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Peterson?

Posted on March 15th, 2017

The only reason that I gave him a 1 star is you have to give him something to be able to comment. Had surgery a week ago & still experiencing intense pain. Had cyst removed & decompression, was told my spasms & pain would be lessened almost immediately after surgery...wrong! Cried all night long with pain they were planning on sending me home the next day! I couldn't walk without help & muscle spasms on top of each other. He had only prescribed hydrocodone. Night shift called drs that were watching my diabetes. That Dr I'm assuming ordered morphine, after 3 injections & no relief ordered 0.5 mg dilaudid, still no relief, so they upped it to 1 mg. Is The day shift nursing staff treated me as if I was a pain seeking dope addict, as did he. He finally came to check on me 24 hours after surgery because I refused to go home in the pain I was experiencing. When I told him I was having severe muscle spasms in my hip he informed me HE DID NOT OPERATE ON MY HIPS! Also several smart alec remarks. One of his remarks asking me who prescrbed the morphine & dilaudid? I thought he had. He informed me he had d/c'd them and I WOULD NIT be getting them anymore. I thought he was the one who prescribed them and turned asround & left. After he left my son said he wanted to hit him because of the way he spoke to me. A couple of hours later my pain level was going up & I asked to speak to the day shift charge nurse telling her I couldn't go through another night of suffering like the previous night. She told me there was nothing else she could give me. I had only had around a total of 4 hours sleep combined since the previous day. After arguing with me for several minutes, I finally told her that I wanted a wheelchair in the morning to go to the medical review board & that their treatment of me was unacceptable! That's when she came up with toradol Finally added toradol to the hydro & robaxin & started getting relief! Night nurse told me I had so much swelling that she thought that was what was causing so much of my pain. The swelling pressing on my nerves...when he dc'd me the next day he didn't give me any wound care, instructions, sent me home only with a script for hydro which has been worthless & didn't give me a script for the muscle relaxers or tordal...the only 2 things that actually helped. I asked him what meds he was d/c me with & he told me my pills. He was leaving the room when I asked him & he first ignored me,after loudly calling his name 3 times, a nurse stopped him in the hall. When they didn't give a script for the muscle relaxers I broke down & started crying telling the nurse I had to have them...she informed me that she didn't know where he was & if he would write the script. She finally went to call,after 5-10 minutes I called my primary doctor & spoke to his nurse crying the whole time, as I was talking to my Dr., the nurse came in & said he was calling it in. Robaxin is not a narcotic! The next morning my primary Dr called to see how I was doing & I went to see him. He added toradol, which is an analgesic like ibuprofen on steroids. I still have a lot of swelling, but it has gone down some.I don't know if the surgery is a success or not. Too much pain to tell. Praying that as the swelling goes down that the pain goes with it. I only know that he showed me no compassion or kindness. Made me feel as if I were a drug addict.I kept begging them to call my Dr & he could tell them I had never asked him for pain meds until 3 weeks before my surgery. I have worked in the medical field for the last 17 years and worked with a lot of doctors & nurses & have never worked with any that were as horrible as he & the day shift nursing staff. I wouldn't recommend him or Fort Sanders hospital to anyone. If my surgery is a success I might recommend him but it would be with caution & full disclosure of how he acts! I am praying that GOD teaches him about compassion for other people & that he understands after major surgery some might need something stronger than 10 mg of hydrocodone. I will also be filing a complaint with the hospital concerning the day shift nursing staff!

Posted on July 17th, 2016

He did my back surgery and I had instant relief.He is also a very good man that truly cares about his patients.

Posted on July 14th, 2016

Wonderful dr will always be great flu to him

Posted on November 12th, 2015

This Dr and his staff are rood and I hate that we where referred over to them

Posted on February 14th, 2015

Very good man, and doctor.

excellent Dr. and great results from 2 major back surgeries!

Posted on July 2nd, 2012

Posted on October 12th, 2011

Has no bed side manner at all. Talks to patients like they are trash, very disrespectful. Does not explain test results, options. Does not care about your pain. Doesn't spend 5 min. in the room with you.

Posted on July 19th, 2011

I have worked in numerous hospitals throughout the country and have found that neurologists, neurosurgeons and surgeons in general typically present themselves with less of a bedside manner as a whole. I believe that to be due to their concern for a very pressing issue, along with their abundance of advanced knowledge, rather than coddling the patients.I am currently seeing Dr Peterson for a workers compensation injury. While my injury has left me unable to function as I should at a young age, he is still vigorously testing me for any reason I would have the symptoms that I do. He may not be the best listener or express the most sympathy or empathy, however he is doing his job in trying to find the best course of treatment to make me feel better. As long as I am able to walk on my own again, I could care less about a bedside manner. I care more about having a doctor who knows how to do their job and how to find a solution to the problem. He seems to be on the right track to doing just that.

Wife had Spinal Repair Surgery

Posted on April 22nd, 2010

Dr. Peterson performed a complete spinal fusion and repair surgery on my wife. He was very professional, was straight-forward and truthful about the procedure. Staff and hospital was totally awesome as everyone was very curteous and friendly. If someone had a problem with Dr. Peterson, then it was a personal thing, because Dr. Peterson was nothing but professional with my wife and did an outstanding job.

surgery and follow up

Posted on March 3rd, 2010

Dr Peterson let me know all my options and risks, i was in a hurry to fix my problems and probably didn't listen to everything he said. He has given me several options now that another surgery is not an option. He has really cared about my future and helped me with new career options.

HAS 2 DISCIPLINARY FINDING

Posted on February 3rd, 2010

Horrible bed side manner, horrible follow up instructions; has 2 TN disciplinary actions in 2006 and 2007. Does not listen to my reports of how I feel, rather tells me how I feel. Uses X-rays as a measurement for success, rather than nerves- his speciality. He tells me my pain is in my head, though other testing and physicians show and confirm nerve damage. I had no nerve damage prior to surgery, only severe pain. Shop around before using him as a physician. Ask him about his disciplinary actions, etc.

Doctor's Response

Sorry this patient feels this way. Sometime I tend to be honest and maybe that approach was not appreciated in this case. I have to date never had any disciplinary actions.

Posted on January 15th, 2010

Friendly and took the time to explain things well