Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Peterson Jr
Dr. Paul Peterson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Raleigh, NC. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology, Emergency Medicine and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Peterson is affiliated with Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke University Hospital and Duke University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Peterson Jr has the following 3 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked Potential Studies
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Spinal Osteophytosis (Spondylosis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Peterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Duke Raleigh Hospital
Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital
18 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Galveston
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Paul Peterson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3480 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul Peterson Jr in this video.
Dr. Paul Peterson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.