Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul D Cox has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Paul D Cox has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul D Cox - Posted on February 5th, 2015
Dr. Cox is competent and caring. He offers therapy in combination with medication.
meds, if needed, but more
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul D Cox - Posted on January 29th, 2012
It was very refreshing--and useful--to find a psychiatrist who is not only interested in managing medications, but is also very focused on a wider approach to treatment. He recognizes the importance of treating the whole person, not just their brain chemicals. His involvement with mindfulness based stress reduction was one aspect of his practice that initially interested me. He was a great find.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul D Cox - Posted on February 3rd, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cox is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Paul D Cox Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
More about Dr. Paul D Cox
Paul Damian Cox, M.D. is a board certified psychiatrist. He graduated from UC Davis Medical School, which he attended as a Regents’ Scholar. Dr. Cox completed his internship and residency at UC San Francisco, where he developed several psychotherapy groups and in 1995 served as Chief Resident. His professional areas of expertise and interest include comprehensive management combining medication and therapy, as well as mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR). Dr. Cox is an experienced teacher drawing from interpersonal neurobiology and social cognitive learning theory.
Locations & DirectionsCOMMUNITY PSYCHIATRY ASSOCIATES, 1712 Picasso Ave Ste D, Davis, CA
Dr. Paul D Cox is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Davis, CA.