Dr. Paul Cusano Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Paul Cusano?

Lack of quality care

Posted on November 21st, 2017

During my time going to Dr. Cusano (2001-2003), I spend more time in the waiting room than in his office. A 5:00PM appointment would get you into his waiting area, then and hour to an hour and a half later in his office. While in his office, it never seemed like he listened. I came in for meds regarding "bipolar"(diagnosed 1997), in which I reported back to him the way I was feeling on them. He in turn kept giving me the same meds. In combination with a therapist who sent me to him, mis-medicated me as well as misdiagnosed me. Years of therapy later, finally diagnosed with PTSD(2014). Seems that Doctor Cusano never listen to the patient in front of him.

an hour wait

Posted on July 25th, 2017

Everytime I saw him I waited an 45 min to an hour. I didn't know that there were better psychiatrists out there because the one before him sexually harassed me. One time I left after 45 minutes as I had to be somewhere to be. I called when I got home to schedule another apt. and a woman in his office told me he just came out. He never smiled. Not even once. I think he was depressed too. He didn't help with the depression I had but at least he was appropriate.

Posted on March 21st, 2017

Sad to admit I have been seeing this dr for off and on 20 years, he will write you a script but he is not a therapist he is a physicist and that's it I.e diagnosis and meds. His staff is rude unless you put them in their place. Most time I have to tell the dr what I think is a good fit vs him me.. only continued going because I know him and I don't like change.. condition of my mental health I guess.. take it from me find a new dr this will be a dead end

He is an old school kinda man....

Posted on May 31st, 2016

I understand he is the medical director at NYU, I know in his spare time he goes to Vantage System to help those who have Medicaid or Medicare because they cannot afford his private services. He is a Board Certified Psychiatrist Top in his field so he's the Medical Director of Vantage System. All the other psychiatrist have to answer to him and He is responsible for All medication that is prescribed to patients and looks thru every chart. So I can understand that his plate is full. He's the reason my husband is well today. He's a realist and does not push pills. He looks toward the future and the possible risks you can face when writing a prescription. So if you're looking for him to give you what you want..... Don't expect him to. He follows guidelines and knows that he has the weight of the entire building on his shoulders. So he won't due anything that could jeopardize his clients well being nor his license.

Posted on January 26th, 2016

Dr cusano is hard to make an appt with, and has a 2 hour wait time in the waiting room. Also he is very lazy and unprofessional. Does not listen an does not want to help his patients

Terrible doctor, staff and office. Perhaps the worst I've met in my life.

Posted on March 11th, 2013

Nothing to like here. I was hung up on the phone, ignored when visited the office, waited almost an HOUR to see a distracted, confused, obtuse "psychiatrist." Uh-huh, riiiight... I've found a younger doctor that is less of a pill-pusher and more of a mature listener not dreaming of teeing it up with local Democrat and Republican politicians. I hope I actually get the help I need with this new doctor before I run into an imbecile like this guy again. God bless America.

Posted on August 26th, 2009

Doctor missed first appointment. Paged him and waited at building. Never called back. Second appointment, kept us waiting an hour, we left. Someone could have called my home and said he was running late. Office staff says I should have waited longer. Not the field to so blatantly mistreat patients.

Posted on August 26th, 2017