Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul D Bunn has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul D Bunn has the following 10 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 31
If there were a way to file this with negative stars I would. Met with Dr. Bunn a number of times after moving here and after 3 doctors non of them took my high sugar readings serious. He never gave me a stress test and didn't even increase my dosage of insulin until I got upset and ill. He said "sure go ahead and double your dosage". Month later I am in the Hospital with an emergency bypass. Now i realize that I should have eaten better and probably worked harder on keeping myself in shape but never was I informed that this was a heart issue to happen for sure. Never had a stress test then when I missed my appointment after my heart surgery they charged me $25 even though I had fired them. Now I am in collections for $100. This guy is not a professional
I have been a patient of Dr. Bunn for over 10 years. I actually look forward to my appointment. Dr. Bunn is the only doctor that keeps his appointments on-time. The staff (nurse, lab technician and receptionist) are caring and professional. They make you feel like family. The office is well appointed and the decor is upscale
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
53 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Paul D Bunn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMyrtle Beach Endocrinology, 1039 44th Ave N Ste 204, Myrtle Beach, SC
Dr. Paul D Bunn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.