Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul E Segal has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Heart Failure
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Segal is a man who cares about his patients. He has been my Nephrologist at the dialysis center and now my kidney function has improved, so that I am able to be removed from my 3 times a week dialysis. He has agreed to continue to monitor me and help me work to keep improving and to remain dialysis free. I like his way of talking to you and not at you, and making you feel you are important to him. Takes the time needed to explain and make sure that you, the patient understands.I can see why he is a successful teacher and mentor. I appreciate his care and concern for me.
23 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Paul E Segal accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Hopkins Bloomberg School Of Public Health, 301 Mason Lord Dr, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Paul E Segal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.