Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Finkel
Dr. Paul Finkel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Finkel is affiliated with St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital, Santa Paula Memorial Hospital and Providence Tarzana Med Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Finkel has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul Finkel has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Dr. Paul Finkel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Finkel is the most thorough internist I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. He will take the time to explain any symptom or condition and what to do to resolve it with a high degree of empathy. He is a kind and conscientious man, and I feel totally confident that he is following me in a very caring and professional manner.
Dr. Finkel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital
Santa Paula Memorial Hospital
Providence Tarzana Med Center
Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center
50 Years Experience
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Paul Finkel accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsCA Kidney Medical Group, 227 W Janss Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Paul Finkel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.