Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul A Fishkin has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 16
I took my mother to see Dr. Fishkin to get the results of an MRI where cancer was suspected. We waited 45 minutes in the exam room and when he came in, talking about the previous patient! He didn't bother to introduce himself to either my mother or I (she was a new patient). He looked at the computer and wrote Stage IIIb Lung Cancer on the White Board behind him. That is how he told my mother she was terminally ill!! The conversation went pretty much downhill from there. He told her she might live 1-2 years with treatment and when I asked how long she would live with no treatment, he said 1-2 years! My mother opted for no treatment and has relocated to Arizona. I would not take a family pet to this doctor for treatment. His lack of compassion is appalling!
First of all the day we went to see about the diagnois we sat for an hour in the office and there was no other patients in the waiting room. We could hear Fishkin in the hall a couple of times joking with the nurses and no one came to see about us.Dr. Fishkin has a very poor bedside manner and we felt as if he was thinking up treatment as he spoke to us.He never told us a treatment plan other than chemo. and just before leaving the office told my husband he would need a shot but didn't explain anything to us first. While talking to his scheduling nurse we also found out about needing steroid pills at the beginning of chemo and chemo counseling but Fishkin never mentioned anything about that to us. Anyway, he never shows a caring attitude to the patient. I'm sure since he sees this type of sickness he may have to put some barrier between him and his patients but there could still be some kind of compassion shown. Needless to say we have not been very happy with his care.
34 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Paul A Fishkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul A Fishkin in this video.
Dr. Paul A Fishkin is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Peoria, IL.