Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul G Frenkiel
Dr. Paul G Frenkiel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mirada, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Frenkiel is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center and Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul G Frenkiel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul G Frenkiel has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Paul G Frenkiel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
Homework paid off!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul G Frenkiel - Posted on August 13th, 2014
My primary care office was to refer me to a gastro specialist - but left it to me to suggest one. I researched every specialist listed in my HMO directory and selected Dr. Frenkiel, even though his office was not very conveniently located for me. This turned out to be an excellent choice in terms of his reasonable testing, careful diagnosis, and thoughtful treatment recommendations.
Dr. Frenkiel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Paul G Frenkiel accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
Locations & DirectionsINTERNAL MEDICINE SPECIALISTS, 15627 Imperial Hwy, La Mirada, CA
Dr. Paul G Frenkiel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Mirada, CA.