Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul D Fuchs has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Paul D Fuchs has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Geriatric Medicine
Dr. Paul D Fuchs has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Paul D Fuchs is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
We have been going to Dr Fuchs for many years and very pleased with the care he provides and with his knowledge... However, his office phone is always busy.. not because there are that many calls coming in but because they take it off the hook and it stays off for hours. That would be my only complaint
My family doctor died and I needed to find another doctor. Went to their office and asked if they were taking new patients. The lady at the window asked me if I had medicare and I told her that I had medicare Part A. I showed her my insurance card because I am still employed in a school district and have state insurance. The lady took down my name and phone number and told me that they take new patients on a case by case basis and that they would call me after the doctor reviewed my information. I also told the lady that I was not on any medications other than a pain medication that was prescribed by my former doctor for arthritis pain in my right hip. I have insurance and can afford to pay for medical services. Apparently they do not need new patients.
Dr. Fuchs is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Paul D Fuchs accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsLaurel Hill Family Medicine, 9241 Morgan St, Laurel Hill, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul D Fuchs in this video.
Dr. Paul D Fuchs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laurel Hill, NC.