Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul A Ghaemmaghami has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I absolutely love the experience I have had with Dr. G. The very first day that I called to make an appointment, I spoke to him personally. Very seldom does that happen. He was extremely nice and personable. When I went to my first appointment, Dr. G was very thorough. He went over so much information with me. He listened to all of my concerns and question. Days leading up to my surgery, I had questions. I called his office and he returned all of my calls. I am recovering from my surgery, so far so good. No where near as much pain as I anticipated. I contribute that to Dr. G doing a great job in the operating room.
Dr. G has a very calm and thorough bedside manner. He doesn't miss a thing, is very analytical and takes his time explaining benefits vs. risks of surgery and is open to questions. When you call his office, you get a call back from him. Yes, the surgeon calls you back personally. Clearly cares very much about his patients.
I went into emergency room with a perforated colon, did not know at the time what the problem was. Dr. G diagnosed and operated on me - saved my life, could easily have died if mis-diagnosed. Had to go through 2 surgeries, had a colostomy for 90 days. Dr G was great, would explain each step along with risks until you felt comfortable. Perfect result, 2 years out from reversal and feeling great.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
24 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Paul A Ghaemmaghami accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 1
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPaul Ghaemmaghami MD, 5855 Bremo Rd Ste 101, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul A Ghaemmaghami in this video.
Dr. Paul A Ghaemmaghami is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Richmond, VA.