Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Griffel
Dr. Paul Griffel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Natick, MA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Griffel is affiliated with Metrowest Medical Center - Leonard Morse Hospital, Metrowest Med Ctr Lmh and Charles River Medical Associates. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Griffel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I was dismayed to find that my new doctor was fixated on meds re: drugs. did a drug test on me thinking I was a hop head due to a conflicting issue over meds. never told me about the test, furious when I received the results which, o course, were all negative, which I tried to explain to him but of course he didn't listen. in this case, I was proven guilty before being innocent I his mind. bad rapport, from the beginnings. He has since passed, and may he rip.
As a long time patient I have found Dr. Griffel to be very thorough from the annual physical to diagnosing occasional illnesses. I have followed his advice and have benefited significantly with improved health and fitness. He has also referred me to specialists in the area which have also been excellent. I recommend Dr. Griffel to my friends and always advise them to prepare to ask questions.
Dr. Griffel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrowest Medical Center - Leonard Morse Hospital
Metrowest Med Ctr Lmh
Charles River Medical Associates
Kindred Hospital Northeast
Health South Braintree Rehab
Metrowest Medical CenterFramingham Union Hospital
Framingham Union Hospital
Metrowest Medical Center
HealthSouth Braintree Hospital
38 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Paul Griffel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Metrowest Eye Group PC, 67 Union St, Natick, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul Griffel in this video.
Dr. Paul Griffel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Natick, MA.